Ok So for those of you who have been following along on my blog (or even those who havent), here are some update that I have been working on in the last month.
Notice on these next few pictures I added a spot for where I plan on putting the horns and I carved out some space for the teeth.
I added a barrier for the mask so that I can catch any of the Rebound 25 that I am using to cover this
In my previous build of this mask I have had problems with the rebound curing correctly, so I thought that I would throw away the contaminated rubber and starting out fresh, that that would make a difference.
Apparently that is not the case because in the next few screen shots I show that I tried it again, but I did not show the end result.
Basically the Rebound did not cure and I was super frustrated.
Here is the layer I put on and even after a few days of sitting in the garage (in the heat, which makes it cure faster) it did not cure at all and it was a sticky consistency, almost like molasses.
Ok so being frustrated I decided to read up on this a little more and I saw that in the pamphlet that it states that you can seal the clay, but it is not necessary.
I thought “I have some sealing stuff, I guess I should just give it a shot”
I put on several layers of the stuff on my sculpt, like 10, and decided to try out just a small portion on the forehead and the nose and some of the eyes on the mask.
The rubber actually cured and was the consistency that I needed!
I JUST applied a full thin layer on the mask and I am currently waiting for it to cure, I hope that this is a first step in a finally successful build haha.
In the above pictures you see that its shiny, that is because of the painters touch that I put on it. It didn’t feel like clay at all when I felt the sculpt, it actually felt a lot like plastic or something.
I will update later when I finish up with this and see how it goes.